- Use a name for your avatar that people will recognize. Making a silly name works well with small groups, but we really don't know how many people are coming and that makes it more complicated for your friends to find you in the world.
- If you start noticing glitches or issues with the platform, just refresh your browser page (CTRL R). Standard website protocol :)
- Yes, kids are welcome. There's even room designed for them to goof around in. So, you adults, keep your activities appropriate.
- If you walk up to an object & it glows or changes colour, it is interactive. Press X to interact with it (just like you did to get here)
- Pressing G will put your character in Ghost Mode which allows you to run through other avatars if you get jammed in a crowd. Your video & audio will also be muted when G is pressed.
- Clicking on people's names in the left hand Nav Bar gives you a chance to Locate or Follow them. These tools can be helpful. To stop following someone, simply start using your arrow keys again to move your avatar.
- You can chat directly (and privately) with people by clicking on their names in the left hand list. There is also a Global (the whole world) and a Nearby (people nearby) chat option.
- Clicking on your name in bottom centre tool bar offers you some other customization settings. You can change your avatar as well - just click on the little avatar image in the toolbar
- When you're dancing in the night club or watching a movie in one of the theatres, if you aren't wearing headphones, we recommend muting yourself so your speakers don't cause feedback through the microphone.
- Plan to have fun! Get your favourite snack/drinks/treats. Get dressed up (or not). Bring your friends.
And, more seriously:
The space will not be moderated at all times, although we'll be there for much of it. We expect only friends & friends of friends will be in attendance. We anticipate therefore, that we are all good, kind & decent people. But people can do weird things online.
If there are any issues, and one of us is not present, please screenshot the situation or manage it yourselves. You have the power to block people individually. They are not aware of this, but you will no longer hear or see their feeds. If our avatars Jen V. or Nicholas are present, please message one of us with the chat function right away and explain the situation.
We are able to ban people permanently in serious situations (this is irreversible though). I don't expect we will need this.